I have been busy this month of September. Actually, it is amazing to me that it is already September!
It is almost clichè at this point to say it… 2020 has been a heck of a year! It seems on one hand that a blink ago it was March. On the other hand, it seems March was about 2 years ago. I think it is the whole Time-Space Continuum that I keep hearing about!
And while business has been good for the most part, there certainly have been some challenges along the way. Busy, long hours, more things to do, new clients to work with, and my own personal life with friends and family seem to occupy my time. What is a guy/gal supposed to do??!
For me, the answer was simple! Join the Stretch Yourself Challenge! What was I thinking?!?! LOL! It goes without saying, although the saying is spot on – If you want to get something done, give it to a busy person!
My good friend Kelly McCausey hosts the Stretch Yourself Challenge (SYC) every year. I have participated in several years now. For me, it is an opportunity to be held accountable to do something that I know I want to do, and I put it on the backburner. “i am too busy. I have client work to do. I can’t work on my business because I am too busy working IN my business.” The SYC “forces” me to say, “Yes – I need to do this. Yes – I want to do this. Yes – I will get this done!”
The Challenge has an awesome guide that outlines about 20 or so different challenges you can complete. You can do 1, 2, 3, or all of them – the choice is yours. Challenges such as:
- Challenge #1: Activate Analytics
- Challenge #2: Blog Your Expertise & Promote It Like Crazy
- Challenge #3: Create A Collaborative Blog Post
- Challenge #4: Tackle A Dedicated Affiliate Promotion
- Challenge #5: Content Refresh
- Challenge #6: Hold a Webinar To Grow Your List
- Challenge #7: Host a Facebook Live Series
- Challenge #8: Offer & Host A Group Coaching Intensive
- Challenge #9: Create a Small & Mighty Gift Report
- Challenge #10: Make an Intentional Connection
- Challenge #11: Start A Facebook Group
- Challenge #12: Gather & Publish Testimonials
- Challenge #13: Host A Virtual Summit
- Choose A Live Event To Attend
- Challenge #15: Volunteer/Apply To Speak
- Challenge #16: Participate in a Bundle Sale or Giveaway
- Challenge #17: Plan A Micro-Continuity Program
- Challenge #18: Create A Tripwire Offer
- Challenge #19: Start A YouTube Channel
- Challenge #20: Create A TikTok Account & Publish Three Times
- Challenge #21: Create A Twitch Account & Stream Three Times
You can see there are plenty of opportunities to get you out fo your comfort zone! No need to worry because Kelly offers a full 152-page manual to guide you along to help you accomplish your goal(s). And, if that wasn’t enough, there is a whole community to help you along your travels. It is one of my favorite communities to hang out and interact with!
I keep coming back to the challenge year after year. I recommend the SYC because (as I stated earlier) it ‘forces me’ to do the things that I know I should do, yet I put them off. I like knowing that I am publically committing to the community that I will be doing this. I love the support, I love the challenges. And, I love who I become along the journey!
One of the great things about the Challenge is that you can do it anytime. You do not have to wait another year for this to start again in 2021! It is available as a Self-Study/DIY program AND you still get all the benefits of connecting with people in the community! Check out the Stretch Yourself Challenge. When you do sign up and join the community over there, come say hi! Let’s do a challenge together!