Making a living as a blogger has to be one of the sweetest gigs out there. As a blogger, you’ll be able to (i.e., have the possibility) learn passive income which means that your money will flow in even as you’re sleeping, traveling, or relaxing with friends. You’re no long trading time for income and this is the point you need to get to if you want to really be free and financially independent (even being self-employed with clients is still pretty much like having a job).
Now let me say this… it is not a ‘Set It And Forget It’ practice – it does take work!
What’s more, blogging means you get to earn that money by writing on a topic that you find fascinating and you even get to become something of a minor celebrity in your chosen niche. You can earn a lot of money here too – if a blog takes off and becomes really successful then, in theory, you can earn thousands a day. It’s incredibly scalable and there’s no ‘upper limit’ for what you can achieve.
What’s the downside? It’s not easy. This is all about working hard and smart now so that you can reap the benefits later. Too many people approach blogging in the wrong way, thinking that they can just write a few posts on a semi-regular basis and that that will be enough to ensure their success. In reality, you need to approach blogging as a full-time job if you ever want it to be your main source of income. In other words, if you want this to be your full-time job… you better treat it like one.
That means working hard! And, to begin with, you want to be uploading as much content as possible, having invested a decent amount of time and/or money in creating a beautiful design, to begin with. At the same time though, it also means being smart about how you’re going to build your blog and it means using growth hacks so that you get much more benefit out of the work you’re putting in. Get this right and you can apply force multipliers that will take years off of the time it takes for you to reach number one.
Think that it can’t be done? Think that making money from a blog is a one-off fluke that happens once in a blue moon? Think again! The stats really paint a different picture and show blogging to be a highly profitable use of your time.
Some of the Latest Blogging Statistics
- Marketers who rely on their blogs make 13X more money than those
- Companies with blogs receive 97% more links inbound to their
- Blogs are the 5th most trusted source of accurate information online!
- 81% of consumers trust information they get from blogs
- Well over 150 million people in the US alone read blogs regularly
- 23% of internet time is spent on blogs
- 61% of US customers have made purchases through blogs
- It is generally thought that content marketing – AKA blogging – is
now more powerful than pure SEO
As you can see then, blogging is very much a force to be reckoned with and there’s more than enough here to go around.Time to get a piece of the pie!
Things You Will Learn
If you’re still reading then you’re probably rather excited at the prospect of becoming a ‘career blogger’ and you probably can’t wait to get started and to begin earning some income from online sales. Fortunately, you happen to be in the right place and this mini-series will serve as your blueprint to ensure that all your work is focused on the right things.
Specifically, by the end of this week or so (depends on how much I right), I plan on explaining the following:
- How to choose a niche to work in
- How to create a stunning website
- How to work with outsourcers
- How to add advanced features
- How to create content that people will want to read
- How to ensure a steady stream of new posts
- How to hack growth with influencer marketing and other techniques
- How to keep the discipline to keep writing
- How to monetize your site so that you earn the maximum
amount from each visitor
- How to use the best tools for bloggers and webmasters
- And much more – it depends on what I think of!
So you have the information laid out for you… there’s nothing left to do but come back tomorrow continue your journey to Instant Blog Profits!
By the way – is there a topic you would like to read about that I did not think of in my list? Leave a comment and let me know!