The survival of a website depends on many different aspects and reader loyalty is one of them. Having people come back to your website (demonstrating the element of loyalty) is important as it ensure the continued support of a reader / visitor. Simply by gaining more loyal visitors, your web traffic increases, which in turn, gets you better rankings in the search engines.
Think about it… Loyal readers result in having better organic traffic from the search engines like Google Yahoo, and Bing! Who doesn’t want to have that for their site??!!
Keep Them Coming Back
Basically when people are returning to your website (i.e., reader loyalty) and it is well established,it could mean several things. For example:
- The site is popular because of the content on the site which is both interesting and informative
- It could mean that people are interested in the topic which you are writing about
- It could mean that you are leaving people with a desire to find out more about the topic (this is known as, “The Curiosity Factor) and it encourages visitors to come back for more information
In order to be able to build such an ideal scenario of reader loyalty, a few points need to be considered and implemented. Here are a few things to consider if you want other to come back for more!
- Stated simply, people are coming back for the great content you are providing! This includes content such as Blog posts or articles, as well as offers (your Opt-Ins). Having good offers and valuable content featured on your website would converts casual visitors to returning visits. Before you know it, you have a loyal reader
- Here is another simple action you can try to get more visitors to your website. At the end of each post, ask the reader to share the content with their tribe! This can be done via social media and another more bold way would to encouraged the reader to share the link with others on their own emailing list. (Confession time – this is a weakness of mine – I need to add a call to action on each post that I write!)
Keep in mind that providing incentives that are significantly helpful to the reader also encourage the reader to stay loyal to the site. This strategy needs to be used wisely as only offering opt-in gifts will eventually leave your readers with a sour taste.
These type of special offers should ideally be done after some research has been conducted to find out what people want and need. Offering something that you THINK they want may be very different that an offer of what they REALLY want.
What have you done to entice readers to come back to you site? Leave a comment below and let us know! In fact, include a link to your free offer! (There you go! That is my simple call to action!)