When it comes to Plugins, I am all about finding the good ones! I found an article on HuffPo (or HuffPost) titled, “The 5 Best Free WordPress Plugins to Promote Your Blog” which turned out to be a little bit of a disappointment for me.
Still, some of the items on the list were spot on! I agreed with several of the other plugins mentioned in the article.
First of all, my concern was that the 5 plugins mentioned were not all “to Promote Your Blog.” I mean, when that is the TITLE of the article, I would expect to see 5 plugins that do help promote your site! Not all of these plugins do that.
The plugins they mention include:
1. MailChimp – I am NOT a big fan of MailChimp. I prefer AWeber as my email management solution!
2. Pretty Link – I use it all the time! This is great for both tracking and for affiliate marketing!
3. Google Analytics – this is the plugin that does not PROMOTE your site, but rather tracks visitors, gather statistics, etc.
4. Yoast WordPress SEO – A clear winner in my mind! This gets installed on every site I build.
5. SumoMe – I have not used this plugin, so I will be checking it out this week! According to the article, it states,
Which of these plugins do you use? Or NOT use? Leave a comment below and let’s start a conversation!
Lesly Fedeerici says
YAY! I have all of those … love Pretty Link, I use that one all the time. Nice blog you have here … thanks for the info
Glad you have them all, Lesly! What others do you use that you cannot live without?