Today is July 1, 2016 and The Ultimate Blog Challenge has started! Have you signed up yet?
Let me tell you a little bit about The Ultimate Blog Challenge (UBC)! It is a fun and challenging… challenge that anyone with a blog should get involved with. Today signifies the official start of the challenge and I am promising to write content for my website during this!
This month, July, 2016, I agree to write 31 blog posts during the month! That is a lot of work for one person to do – and most people in the challenge are one-person business, bloggers, writers, etc. We/they do not have writers on staff to help out – you can see why this can be such a stretch!
The Ultimate Blog Challenge
This is more than an ego thing (“I know I can blog 31 times… I can do it!“). There are a lot of great side effects that develop out of the participating in the challenge:
- Google and the search engines LOVE consistent updates on your website! When they see you have new content on a consistent basis (albeit every day!) you will start to get better rankings! You will get higher up the SER (that is the fancy acronym for Search Engine Results).
- There is a community of participants on Facebook. There are close to 11,000 people in this group! Once you publish your blog post, you are encouraged to head over to the Facebook group and share it! Many people will see it and head over to your site to see what you have written about! In addition, we have a specific list that will guarantee that you get least 2 visitors and comments on your site! Reciprocal Blog Comments occur when you post comments and 2 peoples’ sites. You will get 2 comments on your site!
- When you write 31 times in a month, you WILL become a better writer! The more you do something, the better you get at it!
- You will meet some great people in the group! I have met some wonderful people via the UBC! At first we were virtual friends and even met later in person (wait – that sounds a little creepy or like an online dating service! Not at all!)
- People are generally concerned that they will run out of ideas on what they can write about – this is a valid concern. However, we eliminate that by providing a daily email with blogging ideas and tips that help you along the challenge. You will have plenty of fodder and ideas that you can write about on your site.
- You will also get tips on making your blog better from a technical standpoint. These tips are not nerdy and you won’t need to have a computer science degree to understand them! These will be easy tips to help your site flourish with information such as, “What is the ideal size for a blog post?” or “How do I get my picture to show up like everyone else’s?” or “How can I make my website more secure?” or even, “I am thinking of changing my free website. What is the best blogging platform for me to use?”
And by the way, I am not only one of the co-organizers (along side with my partner, Danni Ackerman), I am a participant as well!
As I stated, today is Day 1! Please join us over at The Ultimate Blog Challenge.