The Ultimate Blog Challenge is in full force! Have you signed up yet?
The Ultimate Blog Challenge (UBC) is a fun and challenging, um, Challenge that anyone with a blog should get involved with. Today is the first day and I am participating in it (Actually, I am also running the challenge along side with my partner, Danni Ackerman).
The UBC is where you agree to write 31 blog posts during the month of July. It sounds like a lot becuase it is! Most bloggers that run their own website and are responsible for their content do not write as frequently as every day. This becomes a stretch! And it is well worth it.
There are several positivities (Did I just make up a word?) to joining the challenge:
- When you post 31 times in a month, Google and the search engines LOVE this! When they see you have new content on a consistent basis (albeit every day!) you will start to get better rankings! You will get higher up the SER (that is the fancy acronym for Search Engine Results).
- There is a community of participants on Facebook. There are over 10,000 people in this group! Once you publish your blog post, you are encouraged to head over to the Facebook group and share it! Many people will see it and head over to your site to see what you have written about! In addition, we have a specific list that will guarantee that you get least 2 visitors and comments on your site! Reciprocal Blog Comments occur when you post comments and 2 peoples’ sites. You will get 2 comments on your site!
- When you write 31 times in a month, you WILL become a better writer! The more you do something, the better you get at it!
- You will meet some great people in the group! I have met some wonderful people via the UBC! At first we were virtual friends and even met later in person (wait – that sounds a little creepy or like an online dating service! Not at all!)
- People are generally concerned that they will run out of ideas on what they can write about – this is a valid concern. However, we eliminate that by providing a daily email with blogging ideas and tips that help you along the challenge. You will have plenty of fodder and ideas that you can write about on your site.
- You will also get tips on making your blog better from a technical standpoint. These tips are not nerdy and you won’t need to have a computer science degree to understand them! These will be easy tips to help your site flourish with information such as, “What is the ideal size for a blog post?” or “How do I get my picture to show up like everyone else’s?” or “How can I make my website more secure?” or even, “I am thinking of changing my free website. What is the best blogging platform for me to use?”
As I stated, today is Day 1! Please join us over at The Ultimate Blog Challenge.
And by the way, I am not only one of the organizers, I am a participant as well!