There is a lot to say about being an affiliate, a lot of “shoulds,” and “should nots,” but in this post, I am going to focus on 5 of these. These 5 tips will help you get started as an affiliate marketer. Once you get a basic understanding, you can then fine-tune your methods to work them better, or, you can totally change your approaches down the road… Revised as necessary.
Affiliate marketing is just a phrase that means Salesperson! You can promote a product of someone else, and when a sale is made, you get an affiliate! For mroe background, check out What Is Affiliate Marketing? – Get Paid to Promote Products.
Let’s get started! In no particular order… here are 5 tips for promoting products as an affiliate:
- Promote products in different price ranges. Chances are the people on your list and other visitors to your website, come from different economic backgrounds. And even if they were all in the same income bracket, they might have different needs and have different voices in their head that say “Yes, I’d spend $7 for that particular product.” or “That training course for $495 is just what I need right now.” Don’t assume your followers are all “cheap” and only offer them products under $29. Promote various price ranges and you might be surprised.
- Promote different things. Of course you should stay within your niche, but not everyone wants or needs the same thing. Your potential customers are on different journeys. Joe wants a membership plugin, Sue wants training, Paul needs content, and Wendy would like everything. Don’t forget to promote continuity programs too.
- Offer quality products only. PERIOD. – Promote products that can truly help people get their problems solved. Your reputation is on the line here and this can’t be stressed enough; quality, quality, quality. The seller should be reputable and have excellent customer service.
- Only consider products by product creators who not only have quality products and good customer service, but also have a reliable and dependable affiliate program. It’s a good sign to see affiliate tools available for your use, even if you don’t intend to use them, and that everything is spelled out – when you’re paid, how you’re paid, type of cookie, etc.
- . When you first start out as an affiliate marketer, it’s very easy to keep track of promotions. They’re probably far and few between and you’re so excited you’re watching your hits and sales stats hourly. But once you’ve gotten established, you will see offers everywhere. Some will show up and you’ll want to grab an affiliate link while others come in the form of requests from other marketers. Your people do not want to be constantly bombarded with promotions so it’s up to you to spread them out. Use a calendar and write on the days you want to promote and also dates you’ll do follow ups. This will also serve to keep you on task. 😉
Here you have 5 tips regarding affiliate marketing. In a nutshell, promote different price points, different things, high quality, not too often, and with good affiliate programs in place. Keep these in mind when you’re getting started with affiliate marketing.