There are several free blogging platforms that you can create a blog on – you might be using one of these:
- or another blog platform?
The price is right for these free sites, so if money is really an issue, you might want to consider one of them. Be advised, however, that nothing is truly free and a price must be paid. While it is not a financial price you are paying, there are some things you should know about them.
For starters, did you know that in some cases you give up the right to keep that content exclusively on your website? What this implies is that the content that you write – your posts, your pages, and anything that is contained on your site – can be used in a way by someone else that you might not appreciate. It could be used in an advertisement, it could be used as an example, or it could be used for anything you can image.While it sounds like you are getting ‘free publicity’ you very well might not get credit for your work!
In the Terms of Service for Blogger.com (owned by Google), it states:
By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through Google services which are intended to be available to the members of the public, you grant Google a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, publish and distribute such Content on Google services for the purpose of displaying and distributing Google services. Google furthermore reserves the right to refuse to accept, post, display or transmit any Content in its sole discretion.
Is this good or bad? That is for you to decide.
The benefits of having your own website (known as a self-hosted Blog) include the following:
- When you host your website, you will always be in control of all of your files and data. On the other hand, when you use one of the free services, you do not have the same freedom to access, download, or backup your data whenever, and where ever you want.
- No one can legally copy your content without your permission.
- Your website name will probably be easier for people to remember. Which would you prefer to give out? www.YourSite.com or www.YourSite.blogspot.com – granted it is not a huge difference, but it is shorter!
- Hosting your own website is more professional. Having your own site demonstrates that you are serious and that what you are doing is not just a passing activity for you.
- The only ads that show up are the ones you want! I went to read a blog over at LiveJournal and had to view a car video before I was directed to the post. Who knows what ads can pop up! Do you want your readers to experience that?
- Speaking of ads, if you want, you can sell ad space on your website and YOU earn the money, not the hosting service! You can actually make some money while you have fun with your site! I talked about this for 2 hours one night with my private coaching students.
Yes, it is true… hosting your own blog does require a little of technical knowledge. If you are not up to the challenge technically, you can get some help. In either case, it is worth the effort. When you convert over, you will have complete control, and flexibility to do what you want and even become profitable.
If you need help, I will help you! Actually, I will convert your site for only $250 (for the first 5 people that request it).
It’s really simple. I will install and set up a WordPress blog for you at no cost to you. Not only that, I will also install for free the following plugins to get your blog started on the right foot:
- An SEO Plugin – the ultimate SEO plugin for WordPress and will help your blog rank higher in the search engines. In addition, I’ll set up your new blog with search engine friendly URLs.
- A plugin that will help get your blog pages indexed quickly on Google.
- Another plugin that will allow people to send you email, without publishing your email address to the world!
- In order to make your blog load a lot faster and handle more traffic, a special plugin will handle this
- A plugin that will encourage readers to comment on your blog.
- Kill off the comment spam that shows up on your site with this plugin
- Your site will be accessible via mobile user using their SmartPhones to access your site easily!
- A plugin to help your pages and post potentially go viral on Facebook
These are some of the best WordPress plugins available and they’re included free with the WordPress installation service.
OK – What’s The Catch?
None! Nada. Zippo! There is no catch. You simply agree to let us do the hosting and maintenance on your site for one year. The maintenance needs to get done, so why not let us handle that for you!
If you are interested, send us a message via our contact form.
Don’t hesitate – this offer is going to end quickly! Once it gets filled, we are done.