No matter what type of email you send out, you’ll need a mailing list. The basic way to build a mailing list is by capturing name and email address information for everyone who buys or shows interest in your product. An email list that YOU COLLECT YOURSELF is worth its weight in gold. This can be accomplished by using a list manager on your site. List managers also provide the HTML coding for the form for your Opt-In form. A list manager collects the email addresses that are gathered with this form. Thus, your email list is collected. This might take some time so there are methods to use until you get your own email list built.
Before you start driving traffic to your site, you will want to have a Free Gift to give away (in exchange for their name and email).
Because you’re probably searching for additional revenue streams to keep your business solid and secure in this contracting economy and uncertain world, you will want to build your list by providing quality content in your give-away. Producing specialized content for sale is one of the fastest, most reliable methods of making extra income fast. Writing a “white paper” or a special report, is a great way to set yourself up as an expert in your field, and share valuable information with your prospects.
You may already have most of the ingredients for an e-book or special report in your files or archives. Find out which ingredients make customers ready to to pay you for material available from other sources, and what elements you should include in your marketing copy to spark their interest in buying now. By giving it away, you are providing a “no-brainer” for folks to sign up for your information. This will begin the relationship with your potential customer.
Here are the steps to take when writing your special report:
- Have your end goal in mind before you start.
- Do you want to find a way to increase sales, while reducing your cost to acquire those sales?
- Who are you trying to impress and what is important to them?
- What distribution method will be best?
- How many people do you want to impact with this report?
- Make sure the layout of your special report looks pleasing, and is very easy to read.
- Keep in mind that it’s basically salesmanship in print.
- Keep your facts accurate, very brief and to the point. The denser your information, the more valuable and more likely to keep the interest of your reader.
- Write an attention getting headline. 95% of your readers will decide if they will read your special report based totally on your headline, so make it great and make it benefit driven.
- Get it on the web. When emailing others, include your white paper URL in your SIG line of your Email or include the URL when promoting your special report on Email discussion lists. Make sure you are directing them to your opt-in page!
If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment!