Let me start off by saying that there is nothing technical in today’s post! In fact, it is all about me – A bit of behind the scenes / get to know some things about me that I usually do not talk about.
Why am I doing this?
Well, today starts the a new Ultimate Blog Challenge – I am going to be writing 31 posts in 31 days. This has many benefits including attracting new visitors to the site. Since there are some new folks here, I thought I would tell you all a little bit about me – some things that even my friends may not know!
Is there anything else to say at this point? I don’t think so. In that case… Without further adieu, here we go!
- I was born and raised in New York City at 79th and Broadway. I AM a New Yorker!
- I was married at Disney World at a very private ceremony. Our families knew we were getting married and on what day, they just did not know where. So, it was the 2 of us. We have pictures of us at Cinderella’s castle – we went there before the Park was open and had a photo shoot there (I guess you can say we had the park to ourselves!)
- I LOVE Apple, their computers, and the iPhone! I used to work there part-time for the sheer pleasure I received from working there. I did not care what they paid me (but it was nice to get paid).
- I am a night person, but recently, I have been fading fast and in bed by 1 am.
- I prepared for my MBA through one of the first Online Programs back in the 90s (people always thought it was a correspondence course at the time). I used to tell people I went to class from 10pm to 2am when my wife was sleeping.
- I had a blast when i went SkyDiving! It was only once, but it will not be the last time.
- I LOVE SCUBA diving. Any chance I can get, I will go diving.
- I am the middle child – I have an older sister, Paulette, and a younger brother, Erik. (Yup, for a while, it was just Paul and Paulette – people think that is funny.)
- I used to compete in Triathlons – the longest one I completed was a 1/2 -ironman. I swam 1.2 miles, got out of the water and jumped on my bike and rode 56 miles, parked the bike and then ran a half marathon of 13.1 miles. I did this in just over 6.5 hours – in the world of competitive sports, this is not an impressive time, but I did complete it!
- I really like photography, especially with digital equipment. Expensive digital equipment.
- I enjoy investing in the stock market. It is fun AND profitable when you know what you are doing!
- My best friend from High School is still my best friend from High School.
- I am an X-Files Fan – the Truth Is Out There – and I find it hard to believe that it has been off the air (first run) for 10 years already!
- I recently sold the first house I bought and am in the process of buying a bigger, older one.
- I have a watch collection, although it has not grown much in the past few years.
- I think I have at least 5 iPods that each have a use. I have 2 physical computers set and a virtual computer up in my office at home. They each have a purpose. These do not include a couple of laptops that get used on a regular basis.
- I have a weekly Mastermind Call with 3 other people to discuss our goals, our plans, and our trials and tribulations. I have only met one of them in person so far. These calls started back in 2006!
- I love music and have a very extensive CD collection.
- I wear tie dye shirts!
- I run the local cable TV station – I am in charge of all the technical equipment and ensure it is all up and running smoothly.
- For the past year, I have been working out with Kettlebells! When I first started, I thought I would purchase my own 40 pound kettlebell to swing around at home – I thought that would be the most I would ever need. Today I am using the 100 pound kettlebell at the gym. I have yet to purchase a kettlebell to use at home!
- I was flying over the Atlantic Ocean with 2 friends in college and the aircraft lost an engine. The plane dropped in altitude quiet rapidly. When that happened, I had no regrets and my life did NOT pass before my eyes. I did, however, feel the need to put on my sneakers. I don’t know why!
- I have regretted not doing more for my mom when she was battling (and then passed away from) cancer.
- My father was a composer/conductor. He was the musical director for the Edge of Night, as well as the musical director fo the original games of Tic-Tac-Toe, Concentration, and others. As a child, I loved going into work with him and seeing the “phony stuff” – all the sets with the fake backdrops, the non-working telephones, and the doors that lead nowhere!
- I have been teaching something since the 5th grade. It started helping out helping with with the 1st graders and has progressed to teaching Graduate Level college courses. I also did some student teaching work over in London. Currently, I am teaching a Comp Sci course at a Community College. I love to teach. I have fun while I am doing. First time students do not know what to think of me!
There you have it! 25 miscellaneous tidbits that you may not have known before reading this!